Training / Presentation
QPR – Question, Persuade & Refer National Training offered to the community
Presentations – We offer suicide prevention presentations to students, teachers, community & businesses in the Grant County are or any surrounding community.
Text “HOPELINE” to 741741
How Does It Work?
- HOPELINE Text Line serves anyone in any type of situation, providing them access to free, 24/7 emotional support and information they need via the technology they already use and trust: TEXT
- Someone text into HOPELINE – 741741 – anywhere, anytime, about any type of challenge or struggle.
- A live, trained specialist receives the text and responds quickly.
- Each person that texts in is important to use and we care about what they are dealing with.
!!If you or someone you know is in need of immediate emergency help call 911 immediately!!
– National Suicide Prevention LifeLine – 1.800.273.8255
24 Hour assistance for yourself or someone you care about.
Frequently Asked Questions
– What Does A Support Group Look and Feel Like?
— A support group is a safe place to share your thoughts, feelings and questions with warmth, empathy, listening and compassion in return.
– What Do I Wear To A Support Group?
— Whatever makes YOU comfortable. there are no labels or judgements.
– Do I Have To Talk?
— No – you only share when you want to and IF you want to. we are here to support you, not to probe or question you.
– What If I Know Other People In The Group?
— That’s ok. What is talked about in our groups stays in our groups. Remember: Because EVERYONE Needs Some Hope.
– What If I Cry?
— Tears are healing and filled with emotion. We have plenty of Kleenex.
– Can I Show Up Late To The Group?
— We all have busy lives. If you can’t quite make it on time, please still come and join us, just be respectful to the group as it is in progress.
– Do I Have To Come To Every Support Group?
— No – you can come when you need it. Remember we’re here for YOU.
– What If I Am A Friend Of Someone Who Lost Someone To Suicide – Can I Come And Support Them?
— Absolutely! The more support the better!
– Are Support Groups “Counseling”?
— No – they are there to support you in your time of need.
– Can I Go To The Support Group If I Am Currently Seeing A Counselor?
— Yes – many people put them together to process their grief.
– How Long Do I Attend The Support Groups?
— Grief is individual and personal for each person – only you will know how long you will need.
– What Do People Say In These Groups?
— Whatever emotion they are feeling, whatever they are going through at the time (sharing stories, asking questions, expression emotions).
– Sounds Like A Lot of Crying Going On In These Support Groups.
— We Laugh, we cry, we share, and most importantly we support.